Auctions for free stuff at Listia.com

Friday, January 28, 2011

True Friendship

The friend is the man who knows all about you, and still likes you. ~Elbert Hubbard, The Notebook, 1927

I do not believe I have ever had what you will call a true friendship. That one person(whether it be girl or boy) that you can tell absolutely anything to and they will not judge you or blab it to anyone else. That one friend who would do anything for you, if you were stuck in a ditch in the middle of nowhere they would drop everything for you. I guess I can really honestly say that the only people in my life that I am absolutely 100% positive that would do ANYTHING for me are my parents and grandparents. That sometimes makes me sad and sometimes it makes me feel so very love and unworthy of it.

"Great friends email you everyday, Good friends email you once a week, a friend will email you every now and then."

I'm still looking for great friends. I had great friends. Used to get an email everyday until I found out that they were stuck up snobs and jealousy from them made me realized that I didn't need them in my life anymore! It still hurts every now and then that they are not a big part of my life anymore, but I am a stronger person because of that.

So someday I hope to discover true friendship for I now know what it is. I can truly say that without a doubt that my parents and grandparents are my true best friends. And Jesus of course is my number 1 best friend, I know with all my heart! And I can also truly say that I have many internet friends who make me smile everyday!

The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. ~Elisabeth Foley

7 comments:

  1. I thought we were those kind of friends. Maybe I was mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Great friends email you everyday, Good friends email you once a week, a friend will email you every now and then."

    ____________________

    I respectfully disagree. Great friends aren't based on how often they email you. Great friends are people you can trust, you can tell them absolutely anything, and they would do anything for you. I have friends that match those descriptions and they do not email me every day. I don't know who said that quote, but it seems kind of judgmental.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. A very interesting post. You know, you are so good to share with us all a little of your personal thoughts. Not many people that I know do that. They seem to so loosely use the terms "true" "sisters" "best friends" or whatever. Me? I do not like those kinda cliques. I find myself to be carefree! Natalie, I consider you as a good friend of mine! We email once a week at least! Yay! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sean- We are friends. You just don't talk to me anymore.

    SmileyGirl752- the quote came off of a friends quote site, it's one of a famous author unknown quote.

    Natalie- Thank you for the kind comment. I think I see a horizon in this battlefield! I'm not in any cliques..how could sisters be a clique? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalie- I never stopped talking to you. I guess I was wrong about you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sean- I must have been sadly mistaken about you. I have many unanswered emails that I've sent you. I wrote to you at least twice a week and never got a response.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a very close friend that I only see every few months. We do email each other once in a great while, and we contact each other on Facebook once in a blue moon. But friendship isn't based on emails and Facebook. I would do anything for her, and she would do anything for me. We both have very busy lives, and we are close enough not to NEED constant proof of our friendship. That's what a real friend is. (S)

    ReplyDelete